Hold her as she breaks.
Run your fingers over the shards of her heart.
Feel the life escape from the pieces.
Tell her things will look up soon.
Stand by her side as she rediscovers her balance.
Pick her up by her shoulders whenever she crumbles.
Take her bruised hand in yours and help her walk again.
Give her a voice when hers falters.
Fall in love with the way she laughs all over again.
See galaxies in her eyes.
Dream of running your fingers through her hair.
Remember what it feels like to meet her lips.
Say nothing as she finds someone else.
Tell her she deserves the stars.
Keep it to yourself that you want to explore the skies.
Wait for her to come back to you in pieces.
Let her rest her head on your shoulder when the world shuts her out.
Whisper comforting words into her ear instead of the sweet nothings in your head.
Hope that she will learn to love you again.
1. I found that picture of you and I at the fair. I remembered telling you that I would win every prize for you, but you told me that you already had the most priceless prize in the world. She won you a teddy-bear, maybe that’s your prize now.
2. I can’t sleep. Your cologne still lingers on my pillows and my sheets. I tell myself to do the laundry, but I can’t wash away your presence yet.
3. I walked by you in the hall, you pretended as though I wasn’t there. I guess I’m just a ghost of the past now…that explains the feeling of being invisible.
4. Your mom hugged me at the store today. She said she misses the smile that I used to put on your face. I miss my smile too.
5. I can’t listen to Chasing Cars anymore. All I hear is you whispering the lyrics over and over again into my hair. That was my favorite song.
6. I met a boy. He told me that I shouldn’t focus on the past but god dammit I thought you were going to be my future.
1. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up your present.
2. What others think of you is none of your business.
3. Time heals almost everything, give it time.
4. Don’t compare your life to others and don’t judge them. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
5. Stop thinking too…
"Caldonia! Caldonia! What makes your big head so hard?"